My office—Windermere Mount Baker Real Estate—is gearing up for our annual Winter Food Drive benefiting Rainier Valley Food Bank (RVFB), a South Seattle nonprofit dedicated to a hunger-free Rainier Valley, and we need your help.
RVFB offers assistance through the following programs:
- On-site Food Distribution Days, for people wishing to shop and select their own foods.
- Home Delivery, for people with severe disability who are unable to get to the food bank.
- To-Go Food Bag, for people without access to a kitchen and in need of pre-prepared foods.
- Backpack Program, for at-risk students attending South Seattle schools, in need of weekend foods.
- 360 Support, for help troubleshooting life circumstances that contribute to a need for food.
You can bring your contributions (see list below) to the Windermere office (4919 S Genesee St., Seattle, WA 98118/206-725-7255) from January 22 through February 28, or contact me for pick-up.
In the meantime, Rainier Valley Food Bank (4205 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118) will happily accept your generous donations now. Thank you!
Types of Food to Collect
All foods collected should be non-perishable. RVFB is most in need of high-protein, nutritious foods including:
- Canned chicken, tuna and salmon
- Beef stew, meat soups
- Hearty soups
- Canned vegetables and fruits
- Dry or canned beans (kidney, pinto, green, yellow, refried or black beans)
- Peanut butter
- Pancake or baking mixes
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Granola bars or energy bars
- Ensure or other nutritional supplement drinks
- Baby food and formula